Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Challenging through the Holidays...

What a roller coaster weekend.  Thanksgiving was great.  We had such beautiful weather and of course I spent a lot of time out side walking.  This Thanksgiving, along with the help of my husband, I started my weight loss or should I say I decided to get my life through changing my eating lifestyle. 
My darling hubby has promised to give me 5$ for every pound I lose.  Each Saturday we will weigh in and I will be paid.  On the other hand if things go bad I must pay 5$ for every pound I gain.  I am going back on the diet that I have detailed here along with a work out plan I feel I can manage.   So far I have lost nearly 5 lbs and we are only 3 days into the first week!!!  I want to use this blog to make my self feel more accountable for my actions.
The great thing about Thanksgiving is, it is full of healthy foods- well once you take away things like the marsh mellows from the sweet potatoes.  You couldn't ask for a better meat.  So I loaded up on turkey and green beans.  Drinking  lots of water and run/walking for 30 mins each day. 
Yesterday I went to the mall.  I got there before any of the store opened.  I spent a good 30 mins pushing Luke around in the stroller and then we hit up Old Navy.   Tomorrow is an off day again so I will be at hom and not work.  I think work will be my biggest challenge...speaking of challenges, I had my first big test on Saturday night.  My hubby and I went out to see a movie and then to dinner.  The waitress brough some FANTASTIC looking rolls to our table.  I am sure they were just as good as the looked, however I made it the whole night with out touching one! 
Well that was my weekend in a nutshell! Good day all!

No comments:

Post a Comment